Terms & Conditions
In recognition of the unique sacrifices made by Veterans and to ensure that all Veterans have equal access to opportunities to maintain their physical fitness after leaving the Armed Forces, BMF offers free training for Veterans across all its venues nationally.
The following terms apply to the ‘Veterans Train for Free’ offer (the “Offer”).
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- The Offer is open to Her Majesty’s Armed Forces Veterans (1). For the purposes of this Offer, the term “Veterans” shall mean the same as applied by The Office for Veterans’ Affairs in the Veterans Factsheet 2020 (2), specifically “all former Armed Forces Personnel”.
- The Offer does not apply to current serving members of the Armed Forces. Serving members of the Armed Forces are entitled to a discount of 30% on the normal ‘Rolling’ membership rate and can access this by contacting their local BMF Franchisee. Serving members of the Armed Forces can also pause their membership for the duration of any period of deployment without penalty.
- BMF’s intent is that the cost of Veteran Membership to BMF and its Franchisees is offset against revenues from the BMF Foundation, a Company Limited by Guarantee.
- All Veteran Members are encouraged to donate to the BMF Foundation, in support of other Veterans. Further details are available on the website.
- Veteran Members may be asked and are expected to provide reasonable levels of assistance to BMF Instructors in any area of work including, but not limited to: (1) in session delivery, such as collecting/distributing markers; (2) safety support; (3) where Veterans have an appropriate level of experience and/or qualification, fitness training and session support; (4) assistance with promotional activities; (5) contributions to charitable work; (6) other administrative support.
- BMF reserves the right on fully booked classes to give priority to full paying members. In this scenario, Veteran members will be added to a waitlist and booked onto a class when a space becomes free.
- Proof of Veteran status (e.g. discharge certificate or equivalent) must be provided to BMF or its Franchisees on request.
- BMF reserves the right to amend or cancel the Offer at any time.
- All normal Membership Terms and Conditions apply.
- The Offer is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
(1) Veterans who have served with any other Nation’s Armed Forces may also be eligible for the Offer, at the discretion of the relevant Franchisee.
(2) See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874821/6.6409_CO_Armed-Forces_Veterans-Factsheet_v9_web.pdf