At Be Military Fit, we are the leaders in outdoor training. Fitness is fast becoming part of everyday life and we aim to be pivotal in this movement.
We’re an energetic, driven and forward-thinking fitness company with a team of 300+ based across the UK delivering the best of outdoor fitness. We’re constantly asking ourselves how to make BMF better, so if your curious, motivated and want to help us change the future of the fitness industry, get in touch. It’s your chance to be part of something exciting!
The role of the Membership Intern is to work with the fantastic BMF members to ensure they are having the greatest experience with a key focus of always delivering the best possible customer service.
You’ll be integral in delivering the company’s membership strategy and key member of our fantastic Marketing Team.
You will be able to hit the ground running, quickly integrating yourself into the small central head office team in a rapidly growing organisation.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives:
- To provide the highest standards of customer service at all times and deliver our recognised member experience
- Work across departments to support member retention and reduce attrition
- Monitor and report on member rates and where action is required for upgrades
- Responsible for managing membership enquiries and ensuring they are responded to in a timely and efficient manner. Within 24hrs on a normal weekday and by COB Monday for any weekend messages
- Complaint handling; support the feedback process by handling low level complaints and working with the General Managers and Senior Management Team on larger issue
- Selling BMF membership over the phone and on email, including upgrades
- Responsible for drafting member correspondence including updates, communications and key messaging in the BMF tone of voice
- Liaise with General Managers contribution to member management
- Report on all key objectives on a weekly basis.
- You will have a genuine passion for fitness, be highly self-motivated, proactive and a tenacious individual. You’ll be an exceptional communicator, a team-player and demonstrate a strong drive to achieving and exceeding goals
- Able to manage your time effectively and be exceptionally well organised, whilst always maintaining a meticulous attention to detail
- You will be approachable and have a friendly manner which allows you to build credible relationships with new and existing members in order to obtain the necessary information from them when needed and manage their expectations realistically
- Curious and have a willingness to learn
- Self-driven, self-motivated and comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Ad hoc marketing tasks/events.
- Degree in Marketing, Business, English, Journalism or related degrees
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong IT skills
- A passion for fitness and exercise
- Enjoys contributing to the overall success of a business
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in a customer service and fitness environment would be desirable.
We want a superstar and in return we'll offer you a friendly environment that is passionate about fitness and on top of cutting-edge trends in the market. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to
We look forward to seeing your application.