Be Military Fit (BMF) is recruiting a full-Time position for Lead Instructor - East and South East London. The role will primarily be responsible for leading group & personal training sessions in multiple Sites, indoor locations & Personal Training. The role will also include management of multiple Instructors.
- Are you an inspiring leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude?
- Can you motivate large groups of Clients and build membership?
- Are you a committed self-starter who can take the initiative and get things done? Can you motivate and engage a team to be successful and achieve results?
A Lead Instructor needs to be passionate about BMF and have a deep understanding of how our classes should be delivered whilst also understanding the needs of our members on a day to day basis.
You will be a strong ambassador for the company’s brand and be well respected amongst your peers. Your working time should be spent running 15 hours direct group sessions plus 20 hours of Personal Training (PT model to be introduced in 2019).
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring BMF is delivered to an excellent standard across all venues under their direct management and for supporting the business’ future growth in this territory.
This new role will be pivotal to the future success and growth of the area BMF Sites. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the profitability of the Sites within their control, together with ensuring that all direct reports are performing in accordance with their role profile and objectives.
- Ensure accurate sign in of Members
- Report to all allocated Classes on time, in uniform & follow BMF programme & policy
- Be familiar with & follow contingency plans
- Control profit & loss performance for Park. Grow profit with accordance to the targets
- Set personal progression targets with Members and recording progression
- Interact with Members & deliver class to current programme in the BMF way
- Verify correct equipment for programme is available & fit for purpose
- Identify Members that are losing enthusiasm & may stop attendance. Intervene, encourage & escalate
- Actively verify with Members that they are getting what they expect from BMF
- Be a positive representative of BMF internally & externally
- Build trusted relationships & provide opportunity of support for Members
- Be responsible for the Health & Safety of yourself, Instructors & BMF Member at your Sites
- Be willing & available to attend training sessions
- Follow set technical & behavioural standards set by The Academy
- Proactively welcome & engage with Trialists. Convert Trialist to become Member
- Proactively welcome & engage with new Members
- Comply with employment terms & conditions. Hold Instructors to employment terms & conditions
- Escalate Instructor performance issues to GM
- Identification of talent within Instructor population
- Support GM in mobilisation, resourcing & demobilisation of events
- Familiarise yourself with BMF 24hr Ops centre & communicate accordingly
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be requested of you by the Company.
- Inspiring leadership qualities with the ability to engage and motivate a team
- Passionate and enthusiastic about fitness and BMF
Knowledge/Skills/Experience that are essential:
- Recognised Level 3 personal trainer qualification.
- Excellent customer service skills to attract new customers and retain current members.
- Current driving licence
- Current experience with a reputable health & fitness company, management position or group fitness establishment, studio, personal trainer.
- Ability to interact & engage others & willingness to learn & succeed
- A good understanding of IT using word, excel and email.
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels
Knowledge/Skills/Experience that are desirable:
- A military background and preferably Instructor experience but not essential
- Management experience
- Sports science or strength and conditioning background
- Sales experience
- Ability to adapt to the use of social media
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Sarah Hall at email@example.com together with a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the role.